March 23, 2014
- As always, Kaleigh Trace is holding it down in the Maritimes. This week, the hot sex aficionado offers spectacular advice and resources on abortions in Halifax.
- And for more feminist sex advice, download Jaclyn Friedman’s podcast series “Fucking while Feminist“. May we all keep the FwF-ing!
- For something very tender and pleasing, read this interview with French-Canadian cartoonist and animator Diane Obomsawin about her new book Loving Women, a compilation of personal anecdotes about love and sex.
- Jam out to Bitch magazine’s all-gal compilation, curated by DJs Cheyenne & Aaron from Portland’s XRAY.fm. Chimmy Chimmy Chiyayaisimis!!
- Then celebrate the return of a legend, Kate Bush back in concert!! (Don’t know if this is Canadian Feminist news, but it certainly is good news!!)
- A video blog by Sarah Mangle from Shameless Magazine on how to support friends and loved ones dealing with long-term crises.
- From Tyee‘s Mothers on the Margin series, Alexandra Samur writes about the difficulties of pregnancy and health for new immigrants and undocumented women.
- And finally, writing for Rabble.ca, Julia Smith looks at the proposed reforms to Canadian legislation on sex work and how they may not help with HIV prevention. Smith discusses some clear headed alternatives.