- “You are 300 sandwiches away from an engagement ring!” said her hungry, Jedi-loving boyfriend. Incidentally, this terrifying new blog about ensnaring a husband is also a cookbook!
- This Maisonneuve article is a tad old but is worth returning to for its excellent overview of Canada’s Pro-Life movement.
- Fans of Miranda July and Sheila Heti will be pleased that they can now read the authors’ personal emails. The We Think Alone project sends its subscribers emails of the personal correspondences between a select group of women. From the website: “WE THINK ALONE has given me the excuse to read my friends’ emails and the emails of some people I wish I was friends with and for better or worse it’s changed the way I see all of them.”
- Some pause-worthy responses to the David Gilmour interview from the Hooke & Eye, The Toast, and Amanda Leduc’s blog. Add more links on Gilmour in the comments section below!
- After learning of Margaret Mary Vojtko’s difficulties and making gestures toward her, the university’s official response was to cut back her work and then unemploy her.
- Canadian iTunes Apps Store Censors the Word RedSk*n
- On the campaign to alter the criteria necessary to change one’s gender marker in Quebec
- The recent cover of Newsweek Pakistan features an image of explosive tampons. The subject of the cover? Female suicide bombers.
- Women teachers defending their labor rights in extremely precarious conditions in Mexico.